The taste of food, its texture...it can bring you to places you never thought of...a combination of flavors that toy arond with the senses...come join the adventure...

Monday, December 12, 2011

Cheesy Tuna Mushroom Omelette

Been a while since I posted about food. Its also because I had no kitchen to cook in. But while visiting my sister, I jumped at the chance to use her kitchen and try out this evil mixture I've been hatching for a long time.

Well, this may be not much of an adventure, but going to the market one day, I decided to try combining tuna flakes and mushroom in one of my omelette experiments.

I was actually thinking about trying to make a mushroom burger steak set for the kids, but with the cost of pork these days... and after walking around the market in the heat of the sun made me...lazy.

You will need:
- 1 can of tuna flakes (crush the flakes into a pulp)
- 1 small can of mushroom (chopped, slice longitudinal sections for garnishing)
- 2 eggs
- a buttload of grated cheese (I use Eden cheese, not quickmelt...
it adds more texture and taste)

First, beat the eggs in a bowl adding a dash of pepper and a pinch of salt. Cook the eggs in a low flame to maintain a good cooked surface underneath while keeping a fresh, moist area above. add the tuna and mushroom mix in the center. Add cheese as needed. Then fold the sides over the filling then flip that suckah ovah... :-)


Garnish with cheese and mushroom section.

The kids at home loved this. Try it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment