The taste of food, its texture...it can bring you to places you never thought of...a combination of flavors that toy arond with the senses...come join the adventure...

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Honey Honey Maid Cafe @ Akihabara

I am in that age where in I don`t like it when people make a fuss about me....aaaaannnd I already had my fill of all that kitschy "anime-like-maid-moe-moe-kyun-kyuuuun" stuff. Also, the recent trend of Akihabara maid cafes turning into tourist and date hotspots has turned me off to the whole maid cafe thing.

Oh I miss the days of maid cafes like in Kanokon or Densha Otoko.

But lo and behold! A friend of mine in Tokyo suggested we go to this maid cafe which fits my needs. Its not a date hotspot, and some of their patrons are legit otakus (from what I remember in Densha Otoko), business guys, and girls who want to try the maid get-up menu. Minus all that maid rituals moe-moe-kyuuuuuun...eheh! shit. Just the base experience of being a 'Goshujin' (master) for a day with refined maidens to serve your morsel for the day.

Its called "Honey Honey" maid cafe and dining. Its off the beaten track around Chuo Doori but still accessible. And you are not allowed to take pictures of the "maids". Maybe its for the protection of the girls but its fine by me. I am tired of hearing about maid cafes where you have to dish out 1000 yen or something for every little thing like taking pictures with the maids, taking pictures of the maids,... its a maid cafe, not a freaking zoo...get with the program.

Most feedback I heard about maid cafes is that they go there for the maids and not the food. Don't expect much, the food is not one of the main focus of the business.

And thats where I was surprised. 

The meal I ordered is like a spaghetti with tomato meat sauce and spinach. And boy I was surprised to find it very good...at par with my favorite Pasta specialty restaurant back home. And so are the other dishes. And we found the chicken in the chicken salad appetizer to be both tender and flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment